Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

3D track stabilization

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

GaudierGash

3D track stabilization

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi!

Something always goes wrong when trying to stabilize a moving POV or a dolly shot. Parallax compress-and-strech-effect, stabilization goes out of frame, starts tracking an object that whizzes by, stuff like that.

Before you reply, please have a look at these techniques I have tried and doesn't work:
- IBIS, sticks to objects
- Resolves "Perspective, Similarity & Translation"
- Resolves Classic Stabilizer, cloud and point.
- Making a compound and masking out/cropping areas, then copying the track data.
- Mocha Pro within Resolve, with planar surfaces.
- Fusion tracking (tracking and planar)
- Smooth Cam within Fusion
- Adobes Warp Stabilizer

Now, to my proposed solutions:

#1. I know SynthEyes have a way of stabilizing through a 3D track, as seen in this video:

But I won't pay 500 bucks, I... just won't. I know Fusion has a 3D tracker and SHOULD be able to do something like this. No? If you would have any idea how, please do share!

#2. There also are some promising results with gyro data, as in the Sony A7C.

I have a Panasonic Lumix S1 and it has a gyrosensor, but I don't know if any data is stored in the files. There are free software that can stabilize using gyrodata.

#3. This, Hybrid Neural Fusion for Full-frame Video Stabilization:

Now, I understand nothing how to go about this technique, but if you do... I beg you, teach me.

I don't know why these techniques aren't established better in programs like Premiere Pro, Resolve, Final Cut Pro, etc. If speed is an argument, then why is the warp stabilizer in Premiere so slow?
Before you say it's not possible, just look at the videos above, it's totally possible. And I have a good technique, I'm just not a crane, drone or a robot.

With all that said... please help! If you know how to make any of the above suggestions work or any other suggestions, go for it. You guys should want this too! :)

Return to Fusion