Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Keyboard Shortcuts in Fusion not working

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

bgundu

Keyboard Shortcuts in Fusion not working

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 12:16 am

Long time Fusion user and just installed latest version 17.4.2 on the new MacBook to find the default keyboard shortcuts for even basic commands like "M" for Merge and "B" Blur do not work.

Can someone please try on your setup? Thanks!

Bob

TheBloke

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts in Fusion not working

PostMon Nov 22, 2021 8:21 am

bgundu wrote:Long time Fusion user and just installed latest version 17.4.2 on the new MacBook to find the default keyboard shortcuts for even basic commands like "M" for Merge and "B" Blur do not work.

Can someone please try on your setup? Thanks!
Those aren't standard Fusion bindings. There are no keys bound for adding specific nodes.

Sounds like on your old install you had "nuke2Fusion" installed via Reactor which adds those bindings, replicating bindings that Nuke uses.

So:
- Install Reactor on the new system
- Add nuke2fusion
- Then I'd suggest loading your old install, going into Reactor, seeing what plugins you had installed, and then installing those also on the new system, so you're not missing any other tools and scripts you're used to using.

Restart Fusion after installing the Reactor plugins, and they'll take effect on next launch.

If you use both Fusion Studio and the Fusion page in Resolve you'll need to install Reactor in both, and install any plugins in both. (Technically I think it'd be possible to link them, but personally I just repeat the install for each.)
Resolve Studio 17.4.3 and Fusion Studio 17.4.3 on macOS 11.6.1

Hackintosh:: X299, Intel i9-10980XE, 128GB DDR4, AMD 6900XT 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x2160 & 3 x 1920x1200
Disk: 2TB NVMe + 4TB RAID0 NVMe; NAS: 36TB RAID6
BMD Speed Editor

Return to Fusion