Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

F17.4.3 won't activate or see dongle

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

steve oakley

F17.4.3 won't activate or see dongle

PostSat Jan 08, 2022 4:31 am

OS 12.2b2 MBP 2016 i7 16gb

Fu17.4.3

F won't activate with code. I have 2 valid ones. Resolve works fine on same machine and Fu should not even be asking for a code. F should just start up but asks for activation code.

Ok, fine, I try my codes, niether works but it seems like F never even tried to talk to remote server because response / fail is instant.

let me dig out my fusion USB dongle. it lights up, blinks. Fusion still refuses to see it and asks for activation code.

whats up ?

S
S
mac Studio Ultra 128gb OS 13.5+
TB3 ext 1TB SSD Cache, 1TB SSD Sys
4K 27Dell
Presonus Quantum 2626 TB3 Word clocked 96K
MiniPanel via enet
Behinger Xtouch USB via USB3 Hub->PCIe USB3X4 card
Wacom XL Pro

iofthebehodler

Re: F17.4.3 won't activate or see dongle

PostTue May 24, 2022 5:28 pm

BUMP

- experiencing a similar issue on an m1 macbook

- sometimes can get it to start as it if the laptop has an internet connection and i do a complete shut down + restart

- otherwise most of the time it asks for a license key and won't start. won't even quit at that point have to force quit

- restart only won't work
- no internet connection won't work
- different usb ports + connectors no difference
- only works sometimes

obviously not wanting to play a mostly losing game of roulette just trying to open dutifully purchased software & very often working in offline environments. at this point taking up an unreasonable amount of time constantly rebooting the computer only for this reason

is this a defective dongle or ?

JoostKonemann

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 8:26 am

I'm having the same. Fusion Studio doesn't recognise the dongle, except when I first launch Resolve. Than, it starts without issues...

Bryan Ray

PostMon Jun 20, 2022 2:00 am

JoostKonemann, are you also on a Mac? The thing where Fusion will only start if you've first started Resolve is usually a Windows thing, and it's typically a symptom of a service that blocks the communication between Fusion and its licensing system.

The most common culprit is the CloudStation service by Synology. If you have (or have had in the past) a Synology-branded NAS, check to see if there is a service called CloudStation running: Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager, then browse the Services tab to see if it's in there somewhere. If it is, see if stopping it lets you launch Fusion without needing to start Resolve first.

There are at least a couple of other services that can also interfere. Mcafee antivirus is one. I don't remember the other one that somebody mentioned a while back.

But again, this is usually a Windows problem; if you're on Mac, it's probably something else.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion