Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Slow Playback,

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

TheGreatDan

Slow Playback,

PostSun Jan 09, 2022 5:48 am

Hi hoping someone will be able to help my issue

I import media into fusion, 1280x720 quality. Click on the node, for missing frames I set it to hold previous. Now the issue is, I'm getting super slow playback, its just a simple video, only 1 node. I have a pretty good computer. RTX 2080 Ryzen 5 5800X and a SSD. I set up my settings for CUDA and for it to use my GPU, I have my studio drivers installed. I tried changing 70% of the settings that looked like they could help. This issue has been going on for a while, I reset windows, tried windows 10, windows 11, nothing. Cache to disk doesn't help, and the green progress bar that helps play back only goes green in the parts where watch through. After the whole video is in the green I still can't play it back well, just the same as before. I don't know for sure but i looks like 0-2 frames each second. I added the 3d cube node and looked around moved the camera and that was good, but not any imported media. Davinci resolve fusion works well. Just a Blackmagic Fusion 17 issue. I'm on the latest version of windows 10 and latest nvidia studio driver too.
I tried on my laptop which is just a basic 2 core intel cpu with a ssd and the playback was smooth.

I appreciate any help, thanks!

birdseye

Re: Slow Playback,

PostMon Jan 10, 2022 10:26 pm

The only reponse possible is that you need to provide some information about which codec you are having trouble with and what is the run time of the clip? Does the clip have damaged or missing frames? Does the clip play well in other software? Do other clips exhibit similar problems in Fusion?

As Doctor Evil would say,

https://giphy.com/clips/hamlet-9c1VtSo7PvWk9hLQeF

TheGreatDan

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 2:18 am

birdseye wrote:The only reponse possible is that you need to provide some information about which codec you are having trouble with and what is the run time of the clip? Does the clip have damaged or missing frames? Does the clip play well in other software? Do other clips exhibit similar problems in Fusion?

As Doctor Evil would say,

https://giphy.com/clips/hamlet-9c1VtSo7PvWk9hLQeF

- Codec I was using H264 High L3.2 (Which I known isn't good).

- Not sure what you mean by the runtime though (*this is different from a few days ago*) I start to watch the clip its just a blank screen, I re-watch the part I just saw it rendered out like 10 frames of the video which play okay, I continue watching the rest of the 10 second video and its just that one frame showing through out the video. And for the green bar that is going to take forever as it only renders out the green for the parts I watch, and knowing that I barely can watch.

- The clip doesn't have any missing frames
-Got it from stock footage website
-Clip plays well in Davinci Resolve's Fusion Tab (not fusion program)
- All clips have the same problem (Same clips on laptop play smoothly)

Also
In task manager my cpu is being used 50% and my GPU is being used 10%
Im on CUDA for nvidia and using the GPU, I also tried OpenCL and Select option.

Hope this helped, because im pretty lost.

birdseye

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 10:18 am

Unless there is some specific reason why you can't, you should convert your video to a codec that is more suitable before importing it into Fusion. Since it is only ten seconds in length any of the higher bitrate DNxHD or ProRes codecs or uncompressed video would not take up much space.

This is a very useful video converter to have around.

https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

TheGreatDan

PostSun Feb 06, 2022 1:15 am

YES! It actually worked, thankyou so much :mrgreen:

Return to Fusion