Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Particles not appearing on edit page

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Yuke17

Particles not appearing on edit page

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 2:50 am

Here's an odd one. Had created a simple Fusion clip of title text that "blows away" in the wind using a Pemitter region set to bitmap that follows the text and some mattes. It was working fine at one point, now the particles only show in Fusion and don't appear on the Edit page. Everything else about the Fusion clip plays out as intended in Edit. Just not the particles. They're nowhere to be seen in Edit.

Again, everything plays out in Fusion as intended.

This all happened (seemingly) about the time I upgraded from DRS 17.4.2 to .3. So I returned to .2 and no change.

Here's what I've tried thus far:
- cleared the caches
- deleted then rebuilt the Fusion clip
- moved the Fusion clip to a new video track
- created a new timeline and started from scratch
- created a new project with a new timeline starting from scratch.

No change using bitmap as the region on the Pemitter. It plays fine in Fusion, but doesn't appear on the Edit page.

I'm sure it's simply that I've fat fingered something along the way. But I'm stumped.

Thoughts?

Blazso

Re: Particles not appearing on EDIT page

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm

What style particle do you have being emitted from the pEmitter?

Also, is this 2d particles or 3d particles (that setting is in the Prender node).

Yuke17

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 pm

Style from the emitter = Blob.

2D particles.

As mentioned, they all work as desired in the FUSION page when monitoring MEDIA OUT. The particles simply don't show on the EDIT page (although all other elements of the Fusion comp are working on the EDIT page).

Another oddity...

This Fusion clip shows fine in EDIT on a previous project where I first designed it. Initially I had exported the Fusion clip from that initial project then imported it into this new project. That's where it worked for a while then only worked in the FUSION page itself.

Suspecting something was askew with the import, that's when I rebuilt the Fusion clip from scratch and experienced the same symptoms.

There's something about the particles not "getting thru" to the EDIT page. Can't think of anything on the EDIT page that would filter Fusion effects. But I'll keep checking.

Maybe it's the tire pressure?

Yuke17

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 11:45 pm

OK. I found the culprit (although I can't explain it). The particles don't show when COLOR MANAGEMENT in PROJECT SETTINGS is set to DAVINCI YRGB COLOR MANAGED. Doesn't seem to matter what the settings - automatic or custom.

I changed the color management settings in this project from DAVINCI YRGB to DAVINCI YRGB COLOR MANAGED during the initial editing phase as I wanted to see how it accommodated clips from various camera types.

Switching between the 2 settings toggles (just) the bitmap particles on the EDIT page on and off.

So the fix (for me) is to not use DAVINCI YRGB COLOR MANAGED.

Design intent or as the founder can I name this bug?

Return to Fusion