Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

How to edit the subject infront of the greenscreen

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Tomatodude

How to edit the subject infront of the greenscreen

PostFri May 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Hello you. :D

My name is Tomatodude and this is my very first post.

Issue:
I successfully removed the green screen by using the Delta Key in DaVinci Resolve Studio. Everything seems fine. Even though I am wondered about the "grainy" result - anyway.

The next step is to turn the subject infront of the green screen in black (or maybe any other color). I thought just to edit the brightness to zero - but I am not sure, if that's the right way. I want everything to be filled with the color. I select. Like that MS Paint "Bucket" thing to paste a color in a select area.

Thanks to everyone and I wish you a nice time.

- Cheers

xunile

Re: How to edit the subject infront of the greenscreen

PostFri May 13, 2022 5:42 pm

You could try using the output of the Delta keyer into the mask input of a background node.
Attachments
2022-05-13.jpg
2022-05-13.jpg (221.26 KiB) Viewed 398 times
2022-05-13 (2).png
2022-05-13 (2).png (703.9 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Tomatodude

PostFri May 13, 2022 6:34 pm

xunile wrote:You could try using the output of the Delta keyer into the mask input of a background node.

Thank you xunile. I'll give it a try.

Bryan Ray

PostSat May 14, 2022 11:41 pm

Tomatodude wrote:I successfully removed the green screen by using the Delta Key in DaVinci Resolve Studio. Everything seems fine. Even though I am wondered about the "grainy" result -

Regarding the grainy results, it is a consequence of the spill suppression method used by a color difference keyer (which is what DeltaKeyer is; so is Keylight). I prefer to get only the matte from Delta and use the far better spill suppression available in the MatteControl tool.

To set it up, pull your key as normal, but instead of using it like that, put the original, unkeyed footage into the yellow input of a MatteControl. Put the keyed footage into the green input of the MatteControl. Change the Combine control to Combine Alpha. That will substitute the key's alpha channel for the solid alpha of the plate. Tick the Post Multiply Image checkbox to apply the alpha to the image.

Next, switch to the Spill tab. Select the color of your screen (green in this case). Push Spill Suppression all the way to 1.0, then check the different Spill Methods to see which one gives you the best spill removal with the least amount of discoloration. Then adjust the Spill Suppression slider again until you get the result you want.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (99.09 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion