Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

match moving and tracking options in fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

yashgoyal

match moving and tracking options in fusion

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 6:26 pm

I'm following the fusion training provided by Blackmagic design on youtube. Playlist- Davinci Resolve 17 fusion training videos, second video - basic compositing, sky replacement. but instead of using merge center I tried to use tracker node. the masking part is fine but match moving isn't. I feel like the foreground is moving with the motion being still. I can't even explain it. how do these merge options- bg only, fg only, bg over fg, fg over bg actually work?
dr sky.png
dr sky.png (548.44 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

Also, where can I learn vfx and compositing using fusion only because I believe that it can be as good as nuke if executed properly? please help

xunile

Re: match moving and tracking options in fusion

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 6:40 pm

Why didn't you just follow what he did in the tutorial? He tracks the foreground and matched the sky using a tracker modifier and it seems to work well.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

yashgoyal

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 7:14 pm

xunile wrote:Why didn't you just follow what he did in the tutorial? He tracks the foreground and matched the sky using a tracker modifier and it seems to work well.

I was trying to experiment with the previous method to explore more.
I hope you can suggest something. I have seen your replies on other posts that are very useful. please guide me on how can I learn cinematic compositing and vfx.

Bryan Ray

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 2:55 pm

BG Only is a Stabilize—the image in the Yellow input will be translated so as to make the tracking points remain still.

FG Only is the typical Matchmove function. It outputs only the image in the green input, transformed to match the trackers.

FG Over BG is the same as FG Only, except it does a Merge in the Tracker node to save you one step if that's all you actually need.

BG over FG is a new function. I haven't yet tried it, so I don't know which direction it will go.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

yashgoyal

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:BG Only is a Stabilize—the image in the Yellow input will be translated so as to make the tracking points remain still.

FG Only is the typical Matchmove function. It outputs only the image in the green input, transformed to match the trackers.

FG Over BG is the same as FG Only, except it does a Merge in the Tracker node to save you one step if that's all you actually need.

BG over FG is a new function. I haven't yet tried it, so I don't know which direction it will go.

Thank you so much.

Return to Fusion