Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Planar Transform node is Red

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Bananenbrot

Planar Transform is not working (turning red)

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 12:17 pm

I tracked an area with the Planar Tracker and generated a Planar Transform from it. After I switched from Fusion to the Edit Page, the Planar Transform node turned red from the last keyframe.
This bug has been happening to me for more than half a year and I always have my DaVinci Resolve up to date. This is probably because the Planar Transform (in this example from frame 180) no longer has any keyframes, because the tracked area disappears from the image section.
My solution so far was to go to Playback/Delete Render Cache/Selected Clips in the Edit Page until the problem was solved.
Is there a more elegant solution?
Attachments
Screenshot3.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg (767.44 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (763.1 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (769.28 KiB) Viewed 1262 times

grove34studio

Planar Transform node is Red

PostSun Jul 17, 2022 7:13 pm

I checked a bunch of times and recreated both the planartracking node and planar transform, but when I attach it to some text->transform->planartransform->merge, everything downstream turns red and I can't watch the media out. The weird part is, that if I go to the edit page, it actually works, but that doesn't help since I still have more work to do in fusion.

chewiii

Re: Planar Transform node is Red

PostThu Aug 11, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi there,

I have a similar problem, in my case, I found that if I connect anything (I tried masks and title) to the planar transform node (yellow arrow) it works fine, and actually, the Title node keeps working fine, but as soon as I modify the mask node, let's say to adjust the shape, the planar transform node turns red.

I'll wait for any help as well!

Thank you ;)
Dell, XPS 15 7590
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MHz, 6 hearth(s), 12 processor(s) logic(s), x64-based PC
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, GPU Memory: 12Go | Dedicated: 4Go | Shared: 8Go
Windows 10
DR 18.1

Return to Fusion