Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Error when rendering a composition

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

kirilius

Error when rendering a composition

PostMon Sep 19, 2022 8:24 pm

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and to Resolve. I'll try to give you as much info as possible, hopefully someone can help...

I am getting this error when rendering a project: "The Fusion composition on the current frame or clip could not be processed successfully".

Many online have suggested to uncheck the "Stop renders when a frame or clip cannot be processed" setting in Preferences but when I do that I get a completely black video rendered as a result. So that is not a solution.

The project does not contain any videos. It has only a single 8-second Fusion composition in it. In it I am trying to build a moving map with a flight path. Here a screenshot from the preview:
map.png
Result
map.png (576.94 KiB) Viewed 516 times

The fusion map is here:
fusion.png
Fusion map
fusion.png (21.89 KiB) Viewed 516 times

I can actually see the animation working in Fusion when I play the preview. It is quite slow but it is working. When I go to the Edit page (timeline mode) I see only black when the preview would normally show.

When I try to render the project I get the error I mentioned in the beginning.

I am using Davinci Resolve 18.0.3 - currently the latest version
My machine is also brand new:
Windows 11
CPU: 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700 2.10 GHz
Memory: 32Gb
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060 (12GB)

One thing that I have noticed... World map image I am using has fairly high resolution (approx. 11 000 x 10 000 px, about 10MB in size). This is after I reduced it. The original was close to 16 000px wide and Resolve gave me a memory error, then crashed when trying to open it.

So could this be a memory issue? With 32Gb RAM and 12Gb GPU memory I don't know what else to throw at it :?

Thanks for any suggestions!

birdseye

Re: Error when rendering a composition

PostWed Sep 21, 2022 9:01 pm

Your use of 3D nodes seems to be superfluous, you are not adding any 3D elements apart from the image plane. That shouldn't cause a problem, except wasting time but if the comp works when viewing the Merge2 node, delete the 3D nodes and feed the Merge2 into the MediaOut.

kirilius

PostThu Sep 22, 2022 3:50 pm

birdseye wrote:Your use of 3D nodes seems to be superfluous, you are not adding any 3D elements apart from the image plane. That shouldn't cause a problem, except wasting time but if the comp works when viewing the Merge2 node, delete the 3D nodes and feed the Merge2 into the MediaOut.

Thanks, but I do need the 3D nodes for:
1) Tilt the map plane to a certain degree
2) Move the camera through the map to follow the route while varying the distance (viewing angle)

kirilius

PostSun Sep 25, 2022 6:02 pm

After some trial and error... I deleted the media out node and added a new one instead... and it worked. it now renders correctly :roll: :twisted:

Return to Fusion