Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

How to use keyframe with unknown values (custom titles)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

TCP786

How to use keyframe with unknown values (custom titles)

PostFri Sep 23, 2022 2:35 pm

I want to make a Fusion title template that seems mostly simple, but I'm not sure how make it work for all circumstances. A simplified example of what I need would be for the text to start off of the screen on the left, and then move across the screen until it leaves the frame on the right. Seems easy enough, but I need the starting and ending positions to be just off screen regardless of the size of the text. Also because of other things I am doing, I can't use the H Anchor parameter. So I think the way to do it is to somehow use the width of the text to determine the start and end position keyframes. Is this even possible?

Sander de Regt

Re: How to use keyframe with unknown values (custom titles)

PostFri Sep 23, 2022 3:55 pm

Can you elaborate a little on why you can't use the anchor parameter?
Also: how simple is the actual shading? I think every shading level migh even have it's own alignment options, although I'm not 100% sure.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

TCP786

PostFri Sep 23, 2022 4:16 pm

I can't use the anchor parameter because this is going to be a custom title for the Edit page in Resolve, and I need the H Anchor to be available in the inspector. My example should have said that the text stops in the middle of the screen for a minute, and I need to be able to set the alignment for where the text will land. If I knew it was going to stop center aligned, I could also keyframe the H Anchor to go from 1 to 0 (right to center) with the position change, but that doesn't leave me enough flexibility on the edit page. If I decide that I want to right align the text to the center when it stops, then I would have to go all the way back into the Fusion page just to change a slider.

Sander de Regt

PostFri Sep 23, 2022 9:43 pm

You can put custom controls on your templates so you don't have to go back and forth between the Edit and the Fusion page. That's (partially) the way macros are created as well.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

hanry77

PostTue Sep 27, 2022 9:32 am

I'm trying to rig a keyframe of my camera animation to the D_ZSIZE of a bound node. The purpose behind that is to resize the travel length of my camera according to that bounding box so i don't have to maunally change the camera keyframe each time i update that bouding box it's travelling through. Is it possible please?

TCP786

PostWed Sep 28, 2022 6:37 am

Sander de Regt wrote:You can put custom controls on your templates so you don't have to go back and forth between the Edit and the Fusion page. That's (partially) the way macros are created as well.
Yes, I know, but even if I put the anchor control on the inspector panel in the edit page, I can't use it if it's already keyframed in the Fusion effect, right?

Return to Fusion