Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Move whole composition to a specific frame

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

tokintmash

Move whole composition to a specific frame

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 5:53 am

I tried to search but did not know what keywords to use so I'll just ask.

I have made an animation on top of the beginning of a long video and want to use the same animation again at the end. If I copy or import the nodes (make new composition and copy/paste the nodes in there) they come with the original frame numbers i.e the animations key frames are all in the far past. How can I bring it all together to my current working frames at the end of a long video?

I should maybe mention that on my timeline I have only short clips of that long video as I am not going to render the whole thing. I am just working on animations and I most probably going to render only the animations with alpha channel and give these to the editor.

I know I can copy the clips in the edit page, but then I don't get the background video footage in the Fusion clip and I must work in the dark. Maybe I am doing it all wrong and I should instead ask how can I copy the Fusion clip to the new position on the long video in the way that I can use the long video as the background of the Fusion clip? :)

Sam Steti

Re: Move whole composition to a specific frame

PostFri Sep 30, 2022 7:20 am

I'm pretty sure I didn't get your issue right, but as a basic information, you can use either a timemachine node and play with its possibilities to connect your animation right, or copy > paste your animation and move its track in the spline view...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

tokintmash

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 7:17 pm

I think you got the main issue. I tried the spline view but if I need to move it like 60 000 frames - how do I make sure I don't shift the whole thing up or down a little bit? Holding shift/alt/ctrl don't do anything in this view.

Sander de Regt

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 7:26 pm

If you make the spline view big enough there are time and value fields at the bottom. The time one can also be switched to 'time offset' so if it's set to that you can move all your keyframes in time however much you want them without changing the values.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

tokintmash

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 am

Ahah! Thanks for this tip!

Return to Fusion