Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Black frame at the end of the rendered clip

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

tokintmash

Black frame at the end of the rendered clip

PostTue Oct 04, 2022 11:50 am

I am rendering fusion clips with alpha channel. For some reason there is a black frame at the end of renderings. It's not there when I play the Fusion clip in edit page.

Why is it there and how do get rid of?

tokintmash

Re: Black frame at the end of the rendered clip

PostWed Oct 05, 2022 5:23 am

OK, I found that when I mark In and Out in the Delivery page I must go one frame backwards from the end of the clip when I mark Out. Then I don't get it. But still, this is annoying and as I am rendering a number on clips it's a pain in the neck.

Sampenguin

PostFri Apr 14, 2023 3:10 pm

I am currently seeing this problem with very simple Fusion clips. No matter how I split/cut/trim them, the very last frame goes to black. The problem is related to copying them from a different timeline... I think the FPS rates of the two timelines are different (29.97 vs 30) but I can't find a way to resolve that issue without just creating a new Fusion clip from scratch in each timeline.

leonbarnard

PostTue Apr 18, 2023 7:06 am

Yes, you've nailed it with the location of your out point.

In Points are always at the beginning of the frame where the playhead is.
Out points are always at the end of the frame where the playhead is.

This has the advantage that if you mark an in and out point without moving the playhead your selection will include atleast 1 frame. It's impossible to make a zero length selection.

Wherever you place the playhead, the viewer will always show the frame to its right. That's why if you want your out point to include the last frame of a clip but no more, you need to goto the end and move it one frame backwards.

Please note however, if it's the last clip in your timeline. You don't need to do this, as Resolve will not allow an out point to be set beyond the last frame of the last clip in a timeline.

Hope that explanation makes sense!

Return to Fusion