Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

sync animation with audio track

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

arisuaperu

sync animation with audio track

PostSat Oct 15, 2022 6:58 am

Hello!

I'm using fusion in da vinci resolve so if not the right place here, please let me know.
I'm creating an animation using a fusion clip and the movements need to sync with the audio of the video below (track 1).
How can I do this?
I thought to add the track 1 video/audio as a node into the fusion page but that means i have to find the point in the video where the animation needs to start. Is there a faster way?
If that's the only way, flipping back and forth between the edit page will be faster but just wondering if there is a quick way which is similar to fairlight audio which allows you to see the image while editing the video.

Thankyou very very much!

bentheanimator

Re: sync animation with audio track

PostSat Oct 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Drag the clip you want to sync to from your timeline into your bin. It will be a subclip with the right timing. Then in Fusion add it from the media pool. It should sync up to the time line in and outs and be good to go. Or you can go back to the timeline, select your two videos and make a compound clip. Then right-click on the compound and open in Fusion. It'll have both clips as media files.
Resolve & Fusion Studio 19b4
Windows 11
Intel 12900K @ 5.1GHz | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | 2TB NVME System | 4TB NVME Scratch

MacOS 12.7.2
MacBook Pro 13,3 | 16GB | Radeon 460 4GB | 256GB System | 256GB Scratch

arisuaperu

Re: sync animation with audio track

PostMon Oct 24, 2022 9:18 am

Thanks, appreciated. I think compound is the best option but still finding keyframing quite difficult but that's just being a novice in fusion. Cheerio!

Return to Fusion