Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

GetPrefs("Comp.FrameFormat.Rate") issue in Resolve

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

roger.magnusson

GetPrefs("Comp.FrameFormat.Rate") issue in Resolve

PostThu Jan 26, 2023 12:08 pm

If I create a Fusion Composition in Resolve by right-clicking an empty area in a Bin in the Media Pool > New Fusion Composition, I get the option to set frame rate for the clip. If I drag this newly created clip to a timeline and then open it in Fusion it inherits the timeline frame rate instead. If I instead double-click the original clip in the Bin to open it in Fusion I can tell from the frame count that it has the frame rate I set when it was created. Ok, I guess you can argue that this is by design.

However, in both examples above, if you try to get the frame rate of the composition using a script in the Fusion context, you always get the Resolve timeline frame rate instead of the frame rate you set on the clip.

Here's a sample expression I added to the Text field in a Text+ node.
Code: Select all
Text(comp:GetPrefs("Comp.FrameFormat.Rate"))

To me this seems incorrect, why are we able to set the frame rate of a clip when it always uses the timeline frame rate instead? Is Comp.FrameFormat.Rate just how fast it will play because it's in a timeline, as opposed to the original properties of the clip? If so, is there a way to get the original frame rate?

My end goal is to make a Resolve effect template that uses the current clip frame rate for calculations and I need to know that I can trust I'm getting the correct results.

Return to Fusion