Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Polygon mask problem

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

CaptainNoAction

Polygon mask problem

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 12:12 am

Hello, I am masking out an area on a road and I am moving so the scene is moving. I am in fusion and going frame by frame masking out the road. When I get 4-5 frames done and look back my first couple have moved. I have 20 frames done and now the first have moved enough that I have to redo it and it screws up the rest. 10 frames in and the curve I had done is straight? Why is that? At the bottom in the inspector, I have a keyframe noted. Thanks.
Win 10 Home
Ryzen 9 5900X
nVidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti
64GB RAM
Corsair 1000HX PSU
DR Studio

MacBook Pro 16-inch 2021
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64 GB
HD 4TB with 3.35TB available

GalinMcMahon

Re: Polygon mask problem

PostTue Apr 04, 2023 4:08 pm

Are you seeing keyframes (short white lines) on the Fusion timeline marker? Each time you move a keyframe, it should automatically add one. From what you describe, it sounds like you're not making keyframes.

Also, is there a reason you're doing it that way? Typically it's best to keyframe the first frame, keyframe the last frame then keyframe right in the middle. If you need to, then put keyframes in the middle of each of those middles. Then if needed in the middle of those middle middles. Basically put keyframes in the middle of each segment until you don't need any more. Resolve will interpolate the movement between each frame.

Or if you really need each and every frame keyframed, it's a much better workflow to just use trackers. Your choice though.

Oh, also, if your curve is straightening out, it's because you have a rogue keyframe in there. Use the little arrows on each side of the red keyframe dot to cycle through keyframes and delete the one that is causing your curve to go haywire.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Return to Fusion