Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Missing Looks? Posterise EdgeDetect

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

AndreasOberg

Missing Looks? Posterise EdgeDetect

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 12:44 pm

In Resolve I can find Posterize and Edgedetect.
I cannot find them in standalone Fusion FX anywhere. Any tips on where I should look or are they missing?

If I compare the Effects in Resolve there are tons called Resolve FX. And there are also a lot of Templates. All are missing in Fusion FX.

I rather not use Resolve for pure VFX work. I normally always work in Standalone
Thanks
Andreas
VFX Director - Visual Forest Ltd

Sander de Regt

Re: Missing Looks? Posterise EdgeDetect

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 1:39 pm

The fact that they're called ResolveFX kind of gives it away - currently - most of those only exist in Resolve. It would be nice for the toolset to be 100% roundtrippable, but at the moment it isn't.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

AndreasOberg

Re: Missing Looks? Posterise EdgeDetect

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 3:51 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:The fact that they're called ResolveFX kind of gives it away - currently - most of those only exist in Resolve. It would be nice for the toolset to be 100% roundtrippable, but at the moment it isn't.

Yes, that makes sense. I think I will have to do these effects in Resolve/Fusion then. Need to add a bit more stylized things. Any tips on how to do that in normal Fusion? A bit more oil painted, or cell shaded. I did not even find a posterize node in Fusion, but maybe one can make it somehow?
VFX Director - Visual Forest Ltd

Return to Fusion