Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Re-opening a Fusion clip (changing timing)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

beckham

Re-opening a Fusion clip (changing timing)

PostMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm

So I don't quite understand how Fusion clips work. I have this longer clip and this other shorter clip above it on the timeline, I need to merge them both so I created a Fusion clip. However, I now want to nudge the shorter clip on the timeline a bit to adjust the timing of the composition but I can't figure out how to do it without going back to zero. I can't change the position of the shorter clip because they've both been merged into one clip. Is there a way to "re-open" the Fusion clip to change what I need to change, or am I supposed to change it from within Fusion somehow? I'm a major beginner at this so it's probably just something simple I don't know about.
Thanks for any help!

DrizzyRascal

Re: Re-opening a Fusion clip (changing timing)

PostTue Feb 06, 2024 9:34 pm

Yes, quite simple, as you learn fusion you will figure out that what you have done is not normal practice or the best way to do things. However, not sure what you are trying to achieve by merging the two - so I can't give you my best advice yet, unless you explain!

Simple answer: Right click the fusion clip you created in the timeline and then click "open in timeline" this will bring a timeline up that has the two clips, when you've made changes, just go back to the original timeline by clicking the media pool and the timeline.

Like I said, not best way to do something, and you can always go into the fusion tab and alter the time that the clip enters the screen using keyframes etc.

Return to Fusion