Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Question Fusion Green Screen removing

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Schnake

Question Fusion Green Screen removing

PostThu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the Fusion Page - specifically about the Delta Keyer. I have the following problem or questions:

How can I start the green screen remover with a time delay? Or how can I remove the other green tones? The problem is that the unlock screen is also affected (due to the green colour) and the video shines through as a result.

The plant at the back left of the video is also affected. Can I create a mask for it so that it is not affected?

Many thanks for your help. I'm getting desperate by now.

Video:
https://youtube.com/shorts/t_6I_kgqhDo

Sam Steti

Re: Question Fusion Green Screen removing

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 pm

Hey

First of all, please know that your video didn't make me understand your issue (neither saw the screen issue nor the plant one hahaha)... As I read here, I understood the main problem by text :D

Anyway, you can either put keyframes on the Blend parameter of the DK node, in its Settings tab. This is the regular way to have a node "work" in between a desired range only.

You can also make a mask on a part supposed not to be affected. Use a polygon, make one and plug it into the blue mask input, then go to the Settings tab again and tick "Apply Mask Inverted" (because this blue input is made to restraint a node actions to its area, now it excludes it from the DK key)

Note that the solid matte white input forces an area to remain... solid obviously, so you may want to use this input to exclude any key instead of the blue one...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

KrunoSmithy

Re: Question Fusion Green Screen removing

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 8:11 pm

Essentially you need a garbage mat to restrict where Delta Keyer is removing the green. You can use number of methods, the most common one is to use classic lose rotoscoping via B-Spline Mask or Polygon Mask. If you have a trouble matching subtle motion, best to do is to stabilize the clip around the area you want to roto and re-introduce the motion back when you are done.

Return to Fusion