Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Feature request - The Point Tracker

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

birkir

Feature request - The Point Tracker

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 10:22 am

Fusion's Point Tracker can be frustrating due to how it handles tracking information. To improve this, I propose the following enhancements:

1. Introduce a button for tracking one frame forward and one frame backward. This feature would be particularly useful when dealing with challenging tracks.

2. Implement a Reference frame button to reset the transformation on the reference frame.

3. Enable the export of tracking data to a transform note. This addition would greatly simplify the workflow of many users so PLEASE add this function. :geek:

4. Provide an option for selecting the desired operation for the tracking data, such as stabilize or match move. Currently, only match move is available, but having the flexibility to export the tracking data to a transform note with both stabilize and match move functionalities would be exceptionally beneficial.

The point tracker should ideally function similar to the planar tracker, but solely as a point tracker.

I hope this makes sense and some people agree with me on this one.

P.S. I am aware of the "TrackerPlus" note in Reactor, but unfortunately, it is unreliable and ineffective.

Bryan Ray

Re: Feature request - The Point Tracker

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 5:27 pm

The Tracker works in stabilize mode if you set Operation to Match Move and Merge to BG Only. Not intuitive, to be sure, but it's there.

Regarding TrackerPlus, is it just the forward/backward scripts that you find unreliable, or are the Set Current Time as Reference Frame and Export Transform buttons also lacking?

I do agree that the Tracker could use some attention. It hasn't changed much in the ten years I've been using Fusion, and its age is showing
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Kel Philm

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 7:57 pm

+1 on all the above. Its a very good tracker hampered by the limited functionality stated above.

KrunoSmithy

PostSun Mar 17, 2024 7:08 am

birkir wrote: P.S. I am aware of the "TrackerPlus" note in Reactor, but unfortunately, it is unreliable and ineffective.

"unreliable and ineffective"? In what way. I never had issues with it. Works as advertised and as expected every time I use it. And does most of what you asked. What's the problem? Are you sure its not the user problem?

Return to Fusion