Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

I have a question (EXR, multi channel, channel booleans)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

prores422

I have a question (EXR, multi channel, channel booleans)

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 2:59 pm

Hello
I'm a person who makes videos in Korea
I've been editing, color correction, motion graphics, and filming for about eight years.
Recently, my boss ordered me to do composting
It's a field I don't know at all. I don't know about it
So I'm studying while looking for tutorial videos.
Anyway, my question is, I want to know how to use the multipath and the mechanism of the channel booleans node
I'm using the exr file in the fusion tab of da Vinci Resolve, how should I take advantage of the multipath?
I understood that the channel booleans nodes are connected to each other.
However, the only multi-passes in the exr file that my boss gave me are Beauty, GlossInd, and GlossDir
If you look at the tutorial video that I've looked up, a lot of passes connect to the channel booleans node and then make it like a Beauty pass
(For example, with the after effect, layers are layered and layered to form a single image)
Does it mean that I should use only a small number of passes since I'm in the beginning stage?
Is it possible to control the gloss with the Beauty, glossInd, and glossDir passes?
In the tutorial, there's a pass called "Ind" and "Dir" and "Col"
There's no Col Pass in the exr file I received

To summarize my questions briefly,
1. I was wondering if I could control my gloss with just Beauty, glossInd, and glossDir passes
2. Is there a tutorial video that explains the mechanism of channel booleans well? (For example, I don't know why people choose [Red FG] for [To Red])

I am not good at English, so I used a translator.
Please excuse me.

Thank you for reading this

Return to Fusion