Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

What would you like to see in Fusion 19 Studio?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Kel Philm

What would you like to see in Fusion 19 Studio?

PostTue Apr 02, 2024 8:40 pm

Probably a bit too late to be of use to BMD but some of my thoughts:

1) UI customisation improvements, the UI is too rigid for compositing software.

2) More AI tools (Magic Mask has changed the way I work, saved me weeks of roto work).

3) Improve tracker functionality (basically to match Tracker Plus).

4) Improve the way Channels are automatically loaded from EXR's (I run scripts but should be default)

5) Faster, faster, faster. I look at very complex software like Embergen and Blender and can't help feeling Fusion should be quicker.

6) Project management tools. Feel I spend a lot of time setting up shots (on large projects I usually automate), doing the same thing over and over. Would be great to have a simple 'new shot for project' that populates a loader and saver from a template, even perhaps a basic gui to select clips from an XML or EDL and convert to EXR's and create comp's automatically.

7) Better NR tool

Chad Capeland

Re: What would you like to see in Fusion 19 Studio?

PostTue Apr 02, 2024 10:56 pm

Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Sam Steti

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 8:07 am

For me, what you wrote would be fine enough as well...
Kel Philm wrote:7) Better NR tool

But I specifically wonder about what was in your mind in this specific point 7 ; I started a thread a few days ago with obviously no answer because nobody knows how it may be done (obviously too) : I asked for the Resolve NR tool you can also find in Resolve's Fusion tab, as a independent node in Fusion Studio.

Anyway, when you write "Better" NR tool, did this mean you can rely on anything else that the default RemoveNoise node ? Or in other words : by default (so excluding ofx or plug-ins like Neat), what do you regularly use in Fusion Studio as NR tools ?
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

birdseye

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 8:37 am

I wish they would fix some of the annoying details of the UI. Like for example how the drawing tools blank out the top of the viewers. I still find myself drawing masks, thinking I've gone to the top of the screen only to relise many keyframes later that there is a gap at the top covered by the drawing tools. Maybe more bizzare is that the Crop node also does it. 'Well it's the Crop node you idiot'... I hear you think. I would like to see the whole actual frame I'm cropping, rather than realise later there was a bit at the top that is covered by a control that looks like the top edge of the frame..
Oh and I wish they would get rid of that annoying red box that appears around the number fields, I would guess about 10% at least of my mouse clicks are to cancel that annoying feature.

Sander de Regt

PostThu Apr 04, 2024 4:46 pm

There is an option in the preferences to create a 'gutter' around your view. I think it can be set either in pixels or percentage.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Pieter Van Houte

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 12:19 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:There is an option in the preferences to create a 'gutter' around your view. I think it can be set either in pixels or percentage.

Excellent Console Tip material - I did not know this :shock:
Support We Suck Less on Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/wesuckless

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckless

Kel Philm

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 9:15 pm

Sam Steti wrote:For me, what you wrote would be fine enough as well...

But I specifically wonder about what was in your mind in this specific point 7 ; I started a thread a few days ago with obviously no answer because nobody knows how it may be done (obviously too) : I asked for the Resolve NR tool you can also find in Resolve's Fusion tab, as a independent node in Fusion Studio.

Anyway, when you write "Better" NR tool, did this mean you can rely on anything else that the default RemoveNoise node ? Or in other words : by default (so excluding ofx or plug-ins like Neat), what do you regularly use in Fusion Studio as NR tools ?

I usually use Neat Video but certainly resolves denoiser at a minimum, also allow some consistency across applications. They already have the code so it shouldn't be a big deal to port.

birdseye

PostSat Apr 06, 2024 8:39 am

There is an option in the preferences to create a 'gutter' around your view. I think it can be set either in pixels or percentage.

Mmm, if that had independent adjustment for top and bottom it would go half way to cover for a lazy 'Fit' mode. The usefulness of the Fit mode is greatly diminished if parts of the viewer regularly don't fix in the area available. It's not enough of an issue to get me to chain myself naked to the railings, outside Blackmagic Towers, I just find it annoying.

Sam Steti

PostSat Apr 06, 2024 8:58 am

Kel Philm wrote:
Sam Steti wrote:For me, what you wrote would be fine enough as well...

I usually use Neat Video but certainly resolves denoiser at a minimum, also allow some consistency across applications. They already have the code so it shouldn't be a big deal to port.

I can understand these reasons, but I don't use Neat anymore and I'd like to be able to put a node in Fusion Studio and use it for quick denoising for green screens. What's inside I know in Resolve's is indeed fine enough.
As an example, I've been using Mocha Pro for years and years and still do in some cases, as an OFX in Fusion or standalone, but when I know one of the Fu tracker can make it quickly too, I use it and poof, done.
So even for Neat owners, the denoiser should be available in Fusion.

When a lot of users moaned for the ability to use the Magic Mask in Fusion as well, BMD made it available there pretty quickly, so I'd like them to follow their own pattern for the Denoiser as well....
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to Fusion