Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Any plugins (paid or unpaid) that improve node management?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Snadegg

Any plugins (paid or unpaid) that improve node management?

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 8:06 pm

This is a dupe of a post on WSL, but I was wondering if anyone on here has some suggestions.

Are there any plugins (paid or unpaid) that improve node management in Fusion? I look at Blender's Node Wrangler addon and I start to get a little jealous. The biggest thing missing for me is the ability to cut wires like you can in blender. Makes A/B testing really easy. A tool to quickly move foreground, background, and outputs between 2 different nodes would also be handy!

Thanks!
Windows 11, RTX 3070, Ryzen 5900x, 96 GB @ 3200MHz

KrunoSmithy

Re: Any plugins (paid or unpaid) that improve node managemen

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 3:45 pm

Snadegg wrote:The biggest thing missing for me is the ability to cut wires like you can in blender. Makes A/B testing really easy. A tool to quickly move foreground, background, and outputs between 2 different nodes would also be handy! Thanks!

I don't use Blender so I don't know what this tool you are missing is, but if you want to compare stuff you actually have a a/b buffer built into both viewers a and you can easily create more than one version of something in your node tree and than just load them into buffer to do a/b testing. If you want to "cut wires" you can do this by simply disabling the nodes really quickly to not include them in the render but to keep them connected. Simply select as many nodes as you want, and click CTRL+P (win) to disable them and you can easily and quickly preview something on and off with no "wire cutting", as it were. Also think abut wireless link node for additional node management.

Return to Fusion