Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Magic Mask Behavior 19 Beta

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Hawkeye68

Fusion Magic Mask Behavior 19 Beta

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 3:15 am

The Magic Mask in Fusion has had a definite speed improvement in 19 Beta. However I have found a difference in behavior to the previous version.

I often use the magic mask to extract a dancer from the venue background. Not perfect but good enough for my purposes. With the old version I would select an appropriate frame in a 10 second clip, use the strokes to get the acquired result then track forward and backward.

I would then review the clip, if there are issues like part of the background appearing I would go the the first frame with the problem use a subtractive stroke then track to the end or beginning which ever was appropriate. This would then remove the unwanted section from the successive frames in the clip.

With Version 19 beta this process only removes the unwanted item from the frame containing the subtractive stroke the unwanted item is not removed from the next or following frames. So each frame has to been treated individually a time consuming process.

Not sure if this is a beta issue or the intended behavior for the new version. Anyone know?

Just read Hideki's post, losing the next frame could also explain the behavior I have observed.

Return to Fusion