Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Plugin or scripts for making Parallax effect faster

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Ixtatica

Plugin or scripts for making Parallax effect faster

PostSun Apr 21, 2024 8:40 pm

Hi. I need to make a lot of parallax scenes with layers of still images with transparency.

I need functionality in Fusion where these images can be placed in 3D and then parallax movement of them and the camera can be automated, and smoothed like with this plugin for AE:

https://videohive.net/item/parallaxer-3 ... act_radius

Does anyone have any tip?

UserNoah

Re: Plugin or scripts for making Parallax effect faster

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 11:55 am

I would probably use the UV Map 3D tool to project onto the flat planes you need. Make sure to either use a second camera or to Lock the UVs on the frame that you need.
It’s not a one click solution but you could probably create a script that does it.

Sander de Regt

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 1:32 pm

Also, do you need it to be in actual 3D or is optical parallax good enough?

This is a video I did - almost - completely inside of Fusion.

I did this with actual 3D layers and it worked very well.
Just add a couple of cameraprojectors all in the same position and then change the depth of the projector.
Then 'film' this with a final camera and you get very nice parallax movement in your shots.

But this can also be done with a bunch of transforms that are all connected with calculations so they move at different speeds.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

KrunoSmithy

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 2:00 pm

For automation of something like that I would try to use "Target" function so that the camera stays on target or the other way around the image plane sticks on camera point of view.

I don't have a video to illustrate the concept in Fusion, but here is more or less the same thing in MohoPro.

Mohos 2D rigging combined with Pierrot Ritjas talent

Here is another method if you need a different kind of parallax. A tracking shot.

Davinci Resolve 17 Parallax Animation

And here are some scripts and stuff, but I'm not sure if they work. Worth a try.

[BETA] Parallax Point Modifier

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... php?t=5216

Also I don't know if this script still works for new Fusion versions.

Eyeon Fusion hos PSDLayers tool script explanation video

https://www.svenneve.com/?p=480

P.S.

Don't rely too much on one click marketed solutions. They never really work to give you anything other than something that looks like.... one click marketed solution.

KrunoSmithy

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm

Just Testing Some 2D image Animations In 3D using Blackmagic Fusion

Few images put on image planes,. Camera rotation 360 around the scene, while some images are following the camera, always facing it, others are rotating, and all are moving back and fort. Spot light stays in place and is used to add 2D lens flare effect, while point light is there to light the images at the end. I used locator 3D to attach 2D lens flare effect to 3D light and I used object ID to extract masks of 3D elements to block the effect of light when its behind objects. Image of stars in put on a giant sphere to cover the scene and motion blur of the camera moving around the scene can be rendered. I didn't add other elements like light wrap etc, but its just a test.

You can get super complex and easy to control movement as long as you follow few rules. Use Target option for Camera and transforms. Connect coordinate elements to each other when needed. Publish in one node. Connect to in another. Use transform 3D for elements along with their own transform elements so you double up the amount to options for animation. And you can get super complex scenes, animated and synchronized pretty simple.

Kel Philm

PostMon Apr 22, 2024 7:46 pm

If you are able to pull a depth map of the image (not sure if this is possible of a still), you could use this information to displace the image plane then project the image onto it? Not near my workstation so not sure if this is possible.

Return to Fusion