Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Evaluating a LUT Cube Creator 3D Histogram

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Chroma Deous

Evaluating a LUT Cube Creator 3D Histogram

PostFri May 24, 2024 2:03 pm

A couple of firsts for me:

1: Very first post on this forum. Also, I just noticed the post about using real names [i]after[i] I created my account. My real name is Aaron Kessler, not sure if that shows up or not.
2. First time really using Fusion to a substantial degree. I am taking Cullen Kelly's Creative Color Science course.

QUESTION: Stupidly simple. How do you effectively rotate the 3D histogram of a LUT cube creator? I can sort of rotate it, but it's like it is on a giant circle and will pass out of view before it rotates to the other side.

While we're at it, do you have any tips on how to use Fusion for a complete beginner (I have been using the edit and color page of Resolve for years)?

Chroma Deous

Re: Evaluating a LUT Cube Creator 3D Histogram

PostFri May 24, 2024 3:27 pm

UPDATE: Cullen shared the proper way to rotate. It's option+middle click. For those with a Magic Mouse like myself, you can download "Middle" to add a middle click to your mouse. I discovered that there are issues with using a two-finger click, but if you only have fn+left click as a middle click it doesn't give you issues.

I still welcome other tips on Fusion!

shebbe

Re: Evaluating a LUT Cube Creator 3D Histogram

PostSat May 25, 2024 2:08 pm

My personal highest priority recommendation to any artist using a computer would be to get and learn to use a Wacom tablet. Or at the minimum use a mouse with a scrollwheel/middleclick. The magic mouse is complete trash practically and ergonomically imo.

And especially on the Fusion or any other compositing / node based side of software, using a tablet is going to make you so much faster once you're really used to it.
Home System Resolve 18.6b9: Z790 / i9 13900K / 64GB DDR5 / RTX4090 / Win 11 / ASUS PA32UGC 1600 nits
Office System Resolve 18.6b9: X570 / Ryzen 9 5900X / 128GB DDR4 / RTX4090 / Win 11 / EIZO CG248-K

Return to Fusion