Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Reload footage

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Ola Haldor Voll

Reload footage

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 12:59 am

I bet there's a simple solution for this and I'm sure I've overlooked it.

I've searched the help file for "reload" or "refresh" footage, but I don't see the answer.

Let's say I've rendered x frames for a clip. Then I have made some adjustments on some or all of those frames and I'd like to see these changes in Fusion, without necessary quit and restart the application.

Any way there's a keyboard shortcut or a button in the GUI somewhere hidden in plain sight?

Joël Gibbs

Re: Reload footage

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 3:59 am

There are some scripts out there to reload all the loaders in a comp, but the easiest way for a single loader is to hit ctrl+p twice. Control+p is to pass through nodes. So basically by passing through and turning back on, you're refreshing the loader and killing the cache.
Hope this helps!

Thomas Milde

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 7:23 am

Hi.

What do you mean by "rendered"? Did you just press the play button and the frames are rendered within Fusion (green line on timeline) or did you save them out?

In the first case, in older versions you could right click on the memory usage in the lower right corner and select "purge cache". I'm not on my workstation right now, so I can't confirm if this is still true in 7.5.

Or just drag the saver tool (or the last node in your chain) in one of the viewers to see the new results.

Does this help with your problem or did I understand you the wrong way? (non-native english speaker here).
Tech:
Win 10 pro, Ryzen 9 5900X, 128 GB, M.2 for media
RTX 3080 ti, Intensity Pro, DVR Studio + Fusion 18.x, Desktop Video 12.x

Ola Haldor Voll

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 8:32 am

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I was so into it at the moment, I didn't think of explaining further. :? That's so unlike me!

I have a 3D scene in LightWave which I've rendered to EXR. I made some adjustments and rendered only a couple frames (the ones I changed in LightWave) thus there's new EXR frames in the middle of the frame range.

I'll check the purge thingy, sounded reasonable.

Thomas Milde

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 9:00 am

OK, now I understand.

I'm not aware of Fusion creating a copy of the loader footage, so as soon as you scrub through your timeline, the new images should be used. (assuming you saved as image sequence)

The only cached images would be those marked with the green line in the lower timeline, and those you should be able to clear with the purge.

BTW, nice to see someone else using LightWave :)
Tech:

Ola Haldor Voll

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 am

I can't say that was what I experienced last night. I had to quit Fusion and restart it in order to see the new frames. :?

Yeah, been a LightWave user for over a decade, mostly on a hobby basis. Spent too much money on it (with plugins) not to get any of it back! :lol:

Thomas Milde

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 9:53 am

Same story here, I started with 3.5 on Amiga!
And with one of those (expensive) updates came DFX+4 as a freebie, a modular lite version with a lot less functionality of the then so called DigitalFusion.
After changing the dongle from parallel to USB I needed a new dongle for DFX, and with that I received all modules of DFX+5, since the full Fusion was at V6 already.
And now it's for free...

Maybe BMD will buy LightWave, too, at some point? ;)
Tech:

Ola Haldor Voll

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 9:56 am

I don't dare to think of that and what that would mean to LightWave. Right now I'm mostly concerned about the lack of Open SubD in LightWave.

I'm taking a break from work this year to study 3D, and they're teaching Maya. But I still go back to LightWave for details and work I can't do as easily in Maya as I can with LWCAD. And I just love Octane, which is also a very good reason to keep going with LightWave. Not ever am I gonna afford Maya..!

Andrew Whitney

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 9:57 am

I was just flicking the "Make Alpha Solid" switch on the loader and that seemed to force a re-load - it was on a very large still image though.

michael vorberg

PostTue Nov 18, 2014 11:07 am

quickest way is do set the loader in "pass through" mode (ctrl+p) and back to normal. this will wipe the cache of the loader and force to reload the images

Ashley Ledden

PostThu Mar 19, 2015 5:46 pm

I am trying to do the same thing with a pdf file. I have new layers which I want to select and load, but they don't show up in the dropdown list since I added the file before those layers existed. Is there a way to refresh without re-importing?

alflovvold

PostSat Apr 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi guys,

to refresh the cache in Fusion ( somewhat cryptic ) just right-clock the RAM usage field and click "purge cache" and done!

:-)

See img -

Alf Løvvold / VFX

www.alflovvold.com / www.vimeo.com/alflovvold

Rony Soussan

PostWed Apr 08, 2015 2:32 am

just click and un-click the loop button

Remirez

PostSun Oct 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Hi all. Quite old topic but i have a similar question but slightly different issue. How to reload/refresh rendered files when i have rendered out more frames than the original ? all the nodes are set to 150 frames, i have now 200 frames and none of them is refreshing to the new length. I have to manually go through each of them and load the files from drive again.
Any shortcut for this please ?Thanks

EDIT: problem solved with ReloadLoaders script from AlbertoGZ. It does need a Phyton installed. Ive installed latest one on fusion 18.5 and it worked.

Hideki Inoue

PostMon Oct 02, 2023 2:46 am

"ReloadLoaders" does work. The problem is that Gloabal In/Out reverts to default.
Fusion Studio v18.6.6 / DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS / 128GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 (546.33) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE / 128GB RAM / Nvidia RTX A5000 (536.67) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Return to Fusion