Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

v8 wishlist: 3D viewport keyboard presets

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Johnny Farmfield

v8 wishlist: 3D viewport keyboard presets

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 9:31 am

It would be awesome if you had an option in settings for 3D viewport keyboard presets, like a dropdown with options to set navigation to match Softimage, Maya, 3ds Max, if I remember correctly, those three cover 90% of 3D application navigation shortcuts.

And if this isn't possible, just exposing the shortcuts so they can be changed would be of great help.

And I know some doesn't think this is a big deal, well, it is for me. Having one scheme in 3ds, Nuke and Houdini and another in Fusion means I always stumble a bit in Fusion's 3D space. :P
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Chad Capeland

Re: v8 wishlist: 3D viewport keyboard presets

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 pm

If those hotkeys weren't hardcoded, you could do that and more. :) But I think they are still off limits to users.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Johnny Farmfield

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 9:31 pm

And they made it even worse in v8 as alt + scroll now scrolls/pans horizontally and just scrolling scrolls/pans vertically... -"It's an absolute mess!", to quote the next US president. :D

The issue for me isn't as much sitting hours in Fusion working, because then you just "change mode" after a while and it comes naturally, but if I have Houdini open at the same time, jumping between them or if I just open a Fusion comp to check something, it's a nightmare.

So I would love - and I'm guessing other with me - to be able to choose that hotkey scheme to fit our workflows better. :)
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Bonsak Schieldrop

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 6:59 pm

I agree with Johnny. We really need to be able to change the navigation short cuts.

-b

Friedrich Schnittker

PostTue Dec 29, 2015 3:39 am

Bonsak Schieldrop wrote:I agree with Johnny. We really need to be able to change the navigation short cuts.

-b

That would be amazing!!!

Friedrich Schnittker

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Any news on this request?

Achim Dietze

PostSat Jul 09, 2016 10:49 am

I think the whole user interaction concept needs an overhaul, not just a few inputs. But yes, I would like to hear something about that too.

Return to Fusion