Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

[Feature Request] Allow 3D view key remap

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Johnny Farmfield

[Feature Request] Allow 3D view key remap

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 pm

So I know we discussed key mapping in 2-3 threads already but as a Windows user not really benefiting personally from the OS X and Linux ports (which is the major new feature for v8) this is the one thing I care about above everything else for v8, thus I wanted to make this a more "official" request.

And I know many seem to think this isn't a big thing but if I run Houdini, Maya, Mudbox, Surface Painter, Nuke, etc, all of them having the same 3D view navigation and Fusion has another, you gotta understand how amazingly annoying it is every time I do a lot of work in the Fusion 3D workspace.

So please make it possible to override this in the Fusion.hotkeys file for v8 - or to quote Scorpius, pretty please, with a cherry on top...

Last edited by Johnny Farmfield on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Rony Soussan

Re: [Feature Request] Allow 3D view key remap

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 4:34 pm

4 threads now :)

Johnny Farmfield

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 5:38 pm

One thing I've learned from parenting a teenager is, if you're just annoying enough, people will eventually give you what you want, just to shut you up and get rid of you.

Here I thought I'd use the tactic myself rather than being the target of it, as is usually the case. :D
*** Pushing pixels, vectors and voxels since 25 years - www.farmfield-vfx.com ***

Rony Soussan

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 pm

understood..

father of a 3 and 10 year old!

Johnny Farmfield

PostFri Oct 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Rony Soussan wrote:understood..

father of a 3 and 10 year old!

I got a 190cm, 100+ kg, 15 year old. It's like having a domesticated grizzly bear. Well, somewhat domesticated.

Return to Fusion