Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Shortcuts and F8...

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Lucas Pfaff

Shortcuts and F8...

PostSun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi there,

well I had it before that the F8 Beta acts strangely with shortcuts.
E.g., if I press CTRL+Space I get an error in the console that the "Add Tool.eyeonscript" is missing. I copied that script from F7 into the desired location and then it works again.

I freshly installed F8 b23, and had the exact error again. No problem, I copy that file again and works like a charm. Now I have the issue that many other shortcuts don't work either...
I can't press 1 or 2 in the flow to get an image, within the viewer I can't press R, G, B or A to switch channels. Well, that's a serious issue :( any idea how to fix that?

On the bright side of things, the CustomTool seems to work fast again now, yay :)

Best,
Rick

daniel.koch

Blackmagic Design

Re: Shortcuts and F8...

PostMon Jan 04, 2016 5:22 am

Hi Rick,

It sounds like you've got a leftover .hotkeys file from Fusion 7 that's still being loaded by Fusion 8. Have a look in C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Profiles\Default\ where the user's settings are kept (on Windows), and remove/delete any files with the ".hotkeys" extension.

The Add Tool popup dialog is no longer managed by the old AddTool.eyeonscript file (it's built in now) so you won't need to copy that over, once the hotkey is no longer overridden to look for that script. You can use Shift+Space now as well as Ctrl+Space to bring it up.

RGBA keys to switch viewer channels should work fine, as should numeric keys to view a tool. Let me know if you're still having trouble with these after clearing out old .hotkey files.

Lucas Pfaff

PostMon Jan 04, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Daniel,

that could make sense. However, I still have F7 installed as F8 doesn't seem to be a usable option so far (after all it's a beta).
So is there a workaround so I can have both installed and working? Maybe telling F8 to not pick it up?

Best,
Rick

Chad Capeland

PostMon Jan 04, 2016 6:57 pm

daniel.koch wrote:The Add Tool popup dialog is no longer managed by the old AddTool.eyeonscript file (it's built in now) so you won't need to copy that over...

That's unfortunate. I liked being able to customize that, and it's a good reference script. I would actually rather see more functions (like importing) as scripts, not less. We can still override all the hotkeys, though, right?
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion