Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Live keying and Compositing

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Paschal Rutagwerela

Live keying and Compositing

PostMon Apr 04, 2016 2:30 am

I am looking for a solution to do a chroma keying and compose it with a pre-made 3D scene right on the set. I do not necessarily want to record the comp live, but to be able to direct and position my talent and live camera where I want it to be in association with a 3D scene. Does Fusion have this capability? I think this program is the closest I have come up to solve this problem.

Another related question, I have Blackmagic Television Production Switcher that is capable to do live keying but only compose 2D images. If Fusion does not have this capability all by itself, is there any hope of integrating capabilities of the Switcher and Fusion? After all, both programs are made by the same company.

I will appreciate any help I can get.
Surely God is my salvation.

michael vorberg

Re: Live keying and Compositing

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 7:42 pm

really long ago i saw a plugin (it was for fusion5) which was able to use a DirectShow live input as a "loader" in fusion. this could do what you want: have a live input in fusion and do some basic realtime comp with it.
it was exaclty used for the same task you described: live preview on the set for the virtual background

it was a inhouse solution for a vfx studio and never published

i guess today you could do something better with one of the game engines out there.

Theodor Groeneboom

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 8:10 pm

-
Last edited by Theodor Groeneboom on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paschal Rutagwerela

PostThu Apr 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Thank you both for your inputs.
Surely God is my salvation.

Return to Fusion