Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Creating Timeline to View Sequence

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Robert Odendaal

Creating Timeline to View Sequence

PostMon Jul 04, 2016 1:06 pm

Ok, so say I have 3 to 5 shots and I'm working on them in the same comp. I want to put them in sequence to play them as they would be in my offline edit for instance. How can I do this?

I tried using merges and such while setting offsets on the loaders, but this doesn't seem to work. I cannot figure out how to get a bunch of shots in a row while viewing them all sequentially in one of the viewers. Is this possible?

Sander de Regt

Re: Creating Timeline to View Sequence

PostWed Jul 06, 2016 7:45 pm

You're probably very close. In Fusion you always need a valid background source for merges to work.
There are two ways to achieve what you want to achieve:

1) create a BG tool that's valid for the duration of your comp and merge all your loaders on top of that BG the way you've probably done: with offsetting the loaders.

or

2)instead of using merges to connect the different loaders, use DX tools (dissolves) these will switch from background to foreground if one or the other runs out. So you feed a loader with footage from 0-50 in the BG input and a loader with footage from 51-100 in the FG input and the DX will switch from one to the other.

After doing this, watch the last tool in your viewer and you should see a sequence.
Hope this helps.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion