Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

FRIENDLY ADVICE :)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Edwin Rivera

FRIENDLY ADVICE :)

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 2:51 am

Hi guys i hope you are having a great time

I just wanted to know your stories on why / how did you start from fusion and what friendly tips would you give to any new commers

Let's inspired each other for the sake of growing our passions :D

Edwin Rivera

Re: FRIENDLY ADVICE :)

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 3:12 am

I've always like Films since i was 10 yrs old (2004)

It was an assignement in the 4th grade that made me pick film when the teacher made us to reenact a TV News and i was the camera man

My camera was a shoe box with construction papel and 2 holes in it... when i put my eye on that box and pretended to be recording i knew i wamted to do this dor a living

During the years i made sketches with my friends in movie maker without VFX, just for fun

Then at 2010, 10th grade
I used to watch Freddie W and Corridor Digital and said
"I wanna do what these guys do and better"

So i went and downloaded photoshop and when i opened i quickly closed it cause it was rocket science to me

I gave it a few tries making memes
Until i said to make the jump to After Effects

I started doing what everyone does

-Muzzle flashes
-Clones
-Lightsabers
-Eye color change

Thanks to video copilot, skillshare a friend named victor and the youtube community

Everything i did was on a mac laptop
Once it broke down

I needed a new computer so luckly my uncle showed me to build a PC and holy **** it was amazing you feel unstoppable

Last year my PC broke down and i coudn't fixed at the moment (college) and it wasn't until a 4 months ago that it finally worked again after buying new equip.

But after that my friend victor told me to make a group of editors that worked profesionally and said to used a nosed based editing software called fusion

In my life i had never heard of this software (pardon my ignorance) but sinced i downloaded it i felt like giving up

It was to difficult for me but i said that i wanted to prove to victor that i could understand how to use this fusion software in 5 months

And if i domain it, i might work along side him...so im working hard as i can cause i want to do this for a living...

THAT WAS MY STORY ON HOW AND WHY IM STILL HERE TO THIS DAY

THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN BE AMBISIOUS AND ACCOMPLISHED YOUR GOALS

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY

Return to Fusion