Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Loader takes 13 seconds to bring up file picker

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Trey Coursey

Loader takes 13 seconds to bring up file picker

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 4:53 pm

I have installed Fusion and began playing with it. Love the power of the nodes. I'm a 3D artist but playing around with compositing now!

My question is wether it is normal for the loader or any file picker to take over 10 seconds (usually 13 for me) to show up? If I select a loader or saver the BROWSE for file dialog takes extremly long in my opinion.

Could this be a limitation of the FREE version? I have only one network drive on a gigabit connection.

Thanks for any feedback. I did not see any options in the preferences related to such things....

Trey Coursey

Re: Loader takes 13 seconds to bring up file picker

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

no one has any thoughts on why this is happening? I'm guessing that it doesn't happen to those who have viewed the thread...

michael vorberg

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 8:12 pm

it seems not right to take that long and is not a restriction of the free version

you didnt mention which OS your using, maybe its a problem with the attached network drive or maybe a USB drive which is in sleep mode?

there was another thread with a similar problem (which i cant find right now) but there was also no proven solution

Trey Coursey

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 10:20 pm

michael vorberg wrote:it seems not right to take that long and is not a restriction of the free version

you didnt mention which OS your using, maybe its a problem with the attached network drive or maybe a USB drive which is in sleep mode?

there was another thread with a similar problem (which i cant find right now) but there was also no proven solution

I will look around for the other thread as well.

I'm using Windows 10. I don't think it would be a sleeping drive, as it happens every single time anything in Fusion wants to look at a file picker. Loader, Saver, Browser etc... I can repeat every time, reboot, fresh start etc..etc...

Something's up...because I didn't think that would be a good thing with others! Good to hear it's not an annoyance of the free version.

Thanks for the comment and hope that there is a fix.

Chad Capeland

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 pm

If it is a broken volume it would time out every time.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Trey Coursey

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. I installed on another computer and it indeed did not have the issue. So I knew to dig in a bit more on the troublesome one.

The topic of drives made me look deeper. Turns out I had a Floppy drive in explorer, but I do not have a floppy disc. So I disabled that device in Device Manager and all is well! Just like mentioned....Fusion was waiting on Windows to time out from that device.

Thanks everyone! Now I can continue to learn with Fusion.

Yvan Coertzen

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Start Fusion with the "Run as administrator" command. I experienced the same issue. This solved it.

Return to Fusion