Resolve for Snapdragon Windows mini-PC

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Resolve for Snapdragon Windows mini-PC

PostFri May 24, 2024 5:33 pm

I am slated to receive the Snapdragon Dev Kit for Windows mini-PC in the upcoming weeks and as a developer for it, I’m excited. This is the rest of the industry response to Apple’s SoC platform and we shall be able to get performance that is very similar with the M4 models. I don’t know if Resolve will ever be ported to this platform and I hope they do because the PC world will be revolutionizing towards I. The price performance is supposed to be very good when you compare it with Apple today. I can’t confirm this but rumors is that Resolve has been demonstrated to run on the SnapDragon. I hope that BMD will focus on delivering Resolve 19.x on the SnapDragon SoC mini PCs. Sure would like to test that when it comes out on the miniPC copy that’s coming.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Uli Plank

Re: Resolve for Snapdragon Windows mini-PC

PostSat May 25, 2024 1:15 am

AFAIK, they are working on it.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b3 (sandbox)
SE, UltraStudio Monitor G3

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 25, 2024 7:38 am

DaVinci Resolve has indeed been featured in a number of the Snapdragon launch events and as we announced in October last year at the Qualcomm conference we will have support for the ARM64 platform when systems are available to the public. Which is quite soon.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Ellory Yu

PostMon May 27, 2024 7:13 am

That’s great news Peter. I hope that DVR Studio would perform effectively and efficiently in this SoC environment. That would be a game changer.
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Ellory Yu

PostTue May 28, 2024 5:02 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:DaVinci Resolve has indeed been featured in a number of the Snapdragon launch events and as we announced in October last year at the Qualcomm conference we will have support for the ARM64 platform when systems are available to the public. Which is quite soon.

Also, would love to see some benchmarks and hardware config recommendation's for optimal performance with DVR Studio.

Return to Post Production