See the Incredible Results of Davinci Resolve!

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Ben Brooksby

See the Incredible Results of Davinci Resolve!

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 4:47 am

I wanted to share these results with other users to see what people think and if they have any feedback. It'd be great to see other people's reels as well just to share and see if there's ways of improving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_101683&feature=iv&src_vid=lOPlym1-PEg&v=YMePwjzHxpk

Darryl Gregory

Re: See the Incredible Results of Davinci Resolve!

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 8:01 am

I feel you dublbz, Resolve makes it look easy, and It can be with enough hours of training, What interest me most is that "Now we all have access" To the worlds best Color Corrector, and now We all have access to the camera that can take advantage of the "TRUE POWER of CinemaDNG RAW"!

As John McClane (Bruce Willis) once said..Yippee-ki-yay, ******! :D :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Paulo M. de Andrade

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 2:21 pm

dublbz wrote:I wanted to share these results with other users to see what people think and if they have any feedback. It'd be great to see other people's reels as well just to share and see if there's ways of improving.

Congratulations, Ben! I can see that you are a serious colorist. The color palettes were very well chosen for the subjects.

I saw a comment on YouTube about your reel stating that the same could be accomplished by using plugins like Magic Bullet. The author has no idea that there's a lot more to color grading than picking a canned look at random. Colors play directly with the viewer's emotions and there's art and science behind good color grading.

Keep up the good work.

jvpeters

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 12:33 am

Some really nice work, very impressed. Mind if I ask what type of system you're doing your grades on?

Return to Post Production