Decklink Mini Monitor 4k - no output

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

rvogel

Decklink Mini Monitor 4k - no output

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Decklink Mini Monitor 4k to do color grading and editing with Resolve, Premiere Pro, and After Effects in 4k. I am working on an iMac with these specs

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB - Video Card

I have installed Desktop Video 11.4.1 and the card shows up as installed in the PCI tab in the System Report.

I am using TB2 to connect to a Sonnet Echo Express SE 1 Chassis where the Mini Monitor 4k is installed.

When I try to go to the Video Preview settings output in Premiere I get the beachball spinning and have to force quit the program or if it does let me select Blackmagic as the Mercury Transmit output I just get a black screen. I have tried both the HD-SDI and HDMI ports and get the same result on both. I have tried output to a Canon DP-v2411 professional display using both HD-SDI and HDMI and also a LG OLED C9 4k display via HDMI. Any help would be much appreciated.

I currently use an UltraStudio Mini Monitor and it displays without issue but of course only in 1080. Thanks!

Ryan

rvogel

Re: Decklink Mini Monitor 4k - no output

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Update - I moved the same PCI-E card to an iMac Pro and purchased a TB3 SonNet Echo Express SE1 Chassis. I installed Desktop Video 11.5 and I had the SAME results. Does not pass video from Resolve, Premiere Pro, etc.

I recently was able to purchase a new Mac Pro with Catalina. Installed the card internally (I was told the problem was the Sonnet Chassis by BlackMagic tech support). And still no video output from any application and it causes the app to crash. I have tried Desktop Video 11.5 and also just tried the new release of 11.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Post Production