Decklink 8K Pro 2 W/ Desktop Video Setup 12.1 $ Big Sur

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

JasonHaislet

Decklink 8K Pro 2 W/ Desktop Video Setup 12.1 $ Big Sur

PostMon Jun 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Recently upgraded Mac Pro to Big Sur. Decklink 8K Pro card would was not being read, Mac was saying it was disconnected. Went to support page, updated to 12.1. Mac is able to see Decklink card, but it seems the decklink card is still not working correctly. I even double checked that I had it mapped to same way as before update. Here is the strange thing. When I opened software I got a message saying I needed to update. I thought, "This is odd, but whatever". So I clicked update. I got an error, not able to update.

Card is not working like it did before all the updates.

Update: Called BMD Support. They showed me Media Express tool, it showed that all outputs are working, so it seems issue maybe something else.

any advice?
Thank You

olahmatte

Re: Decklink 8K Pro 2 W/ Desktop Video Setup 12.1 $ Big Sur

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 1:07 am

I got the same issue with my 8k pro
Both on Intel and M1 macs
Any update on this?

Joseph Hung

Re: Decklink 8K Pro 2 W/ Desktop Video Setup 12.1 $ Big Sur

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Having the same issue. 2019 Mac Pro came with Big Sur 11.2. I have a Decklink Studio 4K with HDMI daughter card. Was just working in a Windows PC no problem whatsoever. Swapped it over to the Mac Pro, Desktop Video would not detect anything. Updated to Big Sur 11.4, same thing. Desktop Video 12.1. Currently have the card in PCIe slot 7 at x8, switched it to slot 6, both not working.

GAAAAAH. I need to have this working ASAP for some upcoming in person client sessions!!!

I'm going to start rolling back Desktop Video versions. If that doesn't work I'm all out of ideas.

Return to Post Production