BRAW 2.1 not working with the most recent version of Premier

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Garret Harkawik

BRAW 2.1 not working with the most recent version of Premier

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 11:31 am

I just updated both BRAW (to version 2.1) and Premiere (to version 15.2) and the good news is that a prior issue where BRAW clips were offline in older projects and unable to be relinked appears to be fixed. The bad news is that the raw tab in premiere no longer works. It says I'm using an outdated version of Premiere and need to update to version 15.4 - but I'm running 15.2, which is the most recent version. Is this a mistake or do I have to wait for version 15.4 to use the raw panel again?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.17.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.17.13 AM.png (147.03 KiB) Viewed 4490 times

Hans-Juergen

Re: BRAW 2.1 not working with the most recent version of Pre

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 5:10 pm

I have the same Problem.

HorsepowerPro

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 12:25 am

Ditto that, was working fine until I tried to update to 2.1. When I uninstall and rollback to Raw 2.0 it no longer allows me to color correct footage using RG Plugins

Garret Harkawik

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 1:25 am

Glad I'm not the only one! I'm very curious if this is a widespread issue or not?

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 2:53 am

There have been significant changes in Premiere beta 15.4 that have fixed issues for our plugin, but adapting to some of those changes caused major issues in 15.2 and lower so we had to make the decision to support the new changes in Premiere going forward.

If you are comfortable going to 15.4 beta, please do as it fixes many issues with the Blackmagic RAW plugin. Otherwise you will need to stick to older versions of our plugin until you can update Premiere.

Also, I would always advise against changing any software version (ours or others) mid-project, unless you have a really good backup strategy in place.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Garret Harkawik

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Thanks for the info!

HorsepowerPro

PostMon Jun 28, 2021 5:09 pm

[quote="CaptainHook"]There have been significant changes in Premiere beta 15.4 that have fixed issues for our plugin, but adapting to some of those changes caused major issues in 15.2 and lower so we had to make the decision to support the new changes in Premiere going forward.

Dang it, wish I had known before I updated. It's frustrating that simply uninstalling and reinstalling the previous version of BRAW isn't fixing the issue.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jun 30, 2021 12:51 am

CaptainHook wrote:Also, I would always advise against changing any software version (ours or others) mid-project, unless you have a really good backup strategy in place.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

antoine

PostWed Jun 30, 2021 8:03 am

HorsepowerPro wrote:Dang it, wish I had known before I updated. It's frustrating that simply uninstalling and reinstalling the previous version of BRAW isn't fixing the issue.

Maybe the problem is solved for new projects with newly imported .BRAW (but you would still have an issue opening projects created with a recent version, because downgrading is not possible in general with BRAW plugins)
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

antoine

PostWed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 am

CaptainHook wrote:Also, I would always advise against changing any software version (ours or others) mid-project, unless you have a really good backup strategy in place.

I agree too, they should at least save a backup of their .prpoj (and it's a lightweight file !) but a lot of our users and Blackmagic RAW PrPro plugins users are not aware of this :cry:
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

MaartenUsights

PostThu Jul 08, 2021 6:07 am

Hi,

We have the same problem on our Macbook pro. The thing is dat we get the same message if we download the previous version. It's the first time we install the software on that pc, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks for the help,

Regards

Maarten

antoine

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 6:24 am

MaartenUsights wrote:Hi,

We have the same problem on our Macbook pro. The thing is dat we get the same message if we download the previous version. It's the first time we install the software on that pc, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks for the help,

Regards

Maarten

Unfortunately I think Blackmagic did not plan for downgrading projects too. It meand you need to open a .prproj created with the previous version with the previous version installed. You might have erased your .prproj while the new version was installed, corrupting it forever. We don't have such problems in our BRAW plugin

Return to Post Production