Black Magic SDI to HDMI 3G Converter PTZ SDI 12X

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

StPaulMedia

Black Magic SDI to HDMI 3G Converter PTZ SDI 12X

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 9:52 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased a few technology upgrades for my HoW (House of Worship). Currently we are using a PTZ12X-SDI-GY-G2 which supports 3G-SDI, HDMI, and IP Network. I recently purchased a BMD Micro Converter SDI to HDMI 3G (currently using a Magewell SDI to USB for a capture card camera works fine), and an ATEM Mini Pro for a multi-cam broadcast with my GH5.

My problem is as follows. It appears that the converter is recognizing SDI in and power (both lights on the converter are solid) however I am not receiving any video signal out from said converter. Does this sound like a video system, consistency issue, or firmware problem in regards to the PTZ 12X? I also attempted to hook up the converter to a HDMI capture card and no signal was still going through either. I'd be happy to provide more information too. I appreciate the thoughts and help.

Dave Del Vecchio

Re: Black Magic SDI to HDMI 3G Converter PTZ SDI 12X

PostWed Oct 20, 2021 7:48 am

Several other people have reported issues with PTZ Optics cameras when outputting 3G SDI signals (1080p50 up to 1080p60) into various Blackmagic products. The problem is evidently that the cameras don't output a 3G SDI signal that is compatible with SMPTE standards:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=110384
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67481
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90113#p529206

The suspicion is that this is due to PTZ Optics using SDI chipsets designed for the security camera market rather than SMPTE compatible SDI chipsets designed for the broadcast market.

Return to Post Production