Exporting audio "as is"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

khx964

Exporting audio "as is"

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 am

Been lurking for a while but first post, I think this is the right place but feel free to (re)move if needed.

I am a musician but also add video to my music. Usually my last step in my workflow is to get the final audio from my mastering engineer (e.g. 16bit 44.1Khz), which I then import into DaVinci, align with the video and export/render.

When rendering I want to avoid any processing of the audio that might degrade it --as a faithful copy.

Exports to YT/Vimeo both use the AAC codec, but I also have Linear PCM and IEEE Float under custom in case I want a render for live events. Any recommendations?

Bit rate should match the original audio one (no dithering); what about the data rate?

It is entirely possible that it really doesn't matter too much. Appreciate any ideas about this.

Thanks
Alex

Ellory Yu

Re: Exporting audio "as is".

PostWed Jan 19, 2022 7:52 pm

I'm not an audio person but will post based on experience. I don't think it makes a difference at all. However, IMO, using PCM will pretty much keep it as it.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to DaVinci Resolve