UltraStudio Monitor 3G only outputting 6 audio channels

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Mike Halper

UltraStudio Monitor 3G only outputting 6 audio channels

PostThu May 26, 2022 12:26 am

I have an UltraStudio 3G connected to a new Mac Studio. It does not output more than 6 audio channels. I was using this same device with a Hackintosh previously and had no issues getting 8 channels of audio out of it. All other equipment is the same, so I know it's not a cable issue or other equipment. Also, if I use the HDMI out on the Mac Studio (with same HDMI cable and audio equipment) I get the 8 channels of audio without having to create an aggregate device is Audio Midi Setup. Here is what I've tried.

- Created aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup to get any audio to work, otherwise there is an error about overlapping channels. This was not an issue before.
- Tried 7.1 Surround, 7.1 Rear Surround, 7.1.4 Atmos (actual speaker setup).
- Tried 8ch 16 bit/48kHz, 8ch 32/48, 16ch 16/48, and 16ch 32/48.
- Tried all 8 or 16 audio channels on every speaker output. Only get audio out of the first 6 audio channels.
- Installed latest version of Desktop Video drivers (12.3).
- Have MacOS 12.4 installed.

It seems this may be an issue with the Desktop Video drivers and the Apple Silicon chip? It's the only thing I can think of that's different between my old computer and new computer. Or it's just an issue with the Desktop Video drivers since now there is the overlapping channels error which was not an issue before. I never had to create an aggregate device before.

If anyone has a solution I'd be glad to hear it and get this working properly again.
IMac Pro Hackintosh, 10 core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon VII, Decklink 4K Mini Monitor, macOS 10.14.5, DaVinci Resolve Studio license

Mike Halper

Re: UltraStudio Monitor 3G only outputting 6 audio channels

PostThu Sep 01, 2022 5:43 pm

I still haven't found a solution to this. I upgraded to Desktop Video 12.4. Can anyone help with this?
IMac Pro Hackintosh, 10 core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon VII, Decklink 4K Mini Monitor, macOS 10.14.5, DaVinci Resolve Studio license

Carl Edstrom

PostSat Oct 15, 2022 2:15 pm

Same thing here with the same setup.
Did you find a solution?

Mike Halper

PostMon Oct 17, 2022 7:03 pm

Glad I'm not the only one. I have not found a solution. Clearly this is an issue.

Return to Post Production