DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G + Quad SDI Daughter board

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Cookseyyyyy

DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G + Quad SDI Daughter board

PostFri Aug 19, 2022 8:34 am

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this, or point me in the right direction!

I've recently installed the Quad SDI board to my existing Decklink 4k Extreme 12G board.

I've installed the latest desktop video and everything seems to be working but I'm wondering if there's any existing documentation that I could access to understand if I've properly configured everything.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the functionality of this but I was hoping to have multiple separate inputs and outputs, so far it seems that I have duplicates of the same IO. Is this perhaps something I should be able to configure in desktop video? (I can't see many options in there.)

Slightly separate point but is there also documentation on which connectors on the card are input or output? I keep meaning to mark them myself but so far I am going by trial and error!

Jack Fairley

Re: DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G + Quad SDI Daughter board

PostFri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm

The 4K Extreme 12G is a single channel card, no matter what connectors you put on it. The quad SDI board is for doing 4K over quad SDI, which was more common before 12G proliferation picked up.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Dave Del Vecchio

PostSat Aug 20, 2022 4:30 am

Yeah, for multiple independent video input/output channels on a single card you would need something like the DeckLink Duo 2 or DeckLink Quad 2 card (for multi-channel HD) or the DeckLink 8K Pro card (for multi-channel 4K).

Cookseyyyyy

PostSat Aug 20, 2022 7:15 am

Thanks guys, that clears things up a bit!

I'll purchase the 8k pro or something similar. I obviously didn't read the descriptions close enough when purchasing as part of our wider studio.

Return to Post Production