Turn of power window in reference monitor Missing Menu!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Philip Kapadia

Turn of power window in reference monitor Missing Menu!

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 5:34 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to turn the power window display off in my reference monitor, but keep it in my UI monitor. My reference monitor is connected through a Decklink I/O box.

I read threads that mention there is a setting in View > Window Outline > UI Only
However, On my resolve version: 18.1 that setting is missing.

Please find the screenshot attached
Attachments
IMG_20230124_172738-min_1.jpg
IMG_20230124_172738-min_1.jpg (464.06 KiB) Viewed 488 times
Editing Movie Magic.
Freelance Film Editor // Technical Expert
Avid Media Composer // DaVinci Resolve Studio 18
philipkapadia.com

Marc Wielage

Re: Turn of power window in reference monitor Missing Menu!

PostWed Jan 25, 2023 9:17 am

Philip Kapadia wrote:I'm looking to turn the power window display off in my reference monitor, but keep it in my UI monitor. My reference monitor is connected through a Decklink I/O box.

Starting in Resolve 18, this moved to the option ("3-dot") menu dropdown for the main viewer.

marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Sven H

PostWed Jan 25, 2023 10:00 am

Marc Wielage wrote:
Philip Kapadia wrote:I'm looking to turn the power window display off in my reference monitor, but keep it in my UI monitor. My reference monitor is connected through a Decklink I/O box.

Starting in Resolve 18, this moved to the option ("3-dot") menu dropdown for the main viewer.

thanks for pointing that out. They also moved some other stuff there like the reference wipe mode (timeline, gallery, offline)

Marc Wielage

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 9:10 am

Sven H wrote:thanks for pointing that out. They also moved some other stuff there like the reference wipe mode (timeline, gallery, offline)

Yeah, it initially threw me, too, but I understand the logic behind wanting to simplify the Top menus and bring some seldom-used stuff into the Viewer window directly.

In truth, I only noticed it when I had to do some stuff in 18 on the laptop some months ago, and I started floundering because I had no control surface connected. I get spoiled by control surfaces, because they do have a button to turn the visible windows on or off. I use Offline and Still very regularly, as two examples.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve