Ultrastudio Monitor 3g, no audio our via USB

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

gganz2023

Ultrastudio Monitor 3g, no audio our via USB

PostMon Jan 02, 2023 5:32 pm

So I finally just purchased a Ultrastudio Monitor 3g to view my Avid Media Composer output onto my big TV. For me to do that, I have to switch the Hardware setting on in my Avid and it works.
Problem is, I no longer get the audio out via USBN to my mixer and speakers, it goes with the video via HDMI to the TV.
How do I switch it to keep my audio going out via USB to my mixer and speakers? All my audio outputs on my Mac Mini M1 and Media Composer are correct, but as soon as I switch on the Hardware setting, I lose the audio via USB.

Any help is appreciated.
gganz2023

smooyo333

Re: Ultrastudio Monitor 3g, no audio our via USB

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 am

Same here. I am outting picture from the Ultrastudio Monitor 3G to a Sony Trimaster BVM-E250 and it works, however the audio from avid is being sent to my OLED monitor that has no audio outs, so I can't out from there, unlike a modern consumer TV. Even so, I am using SDI. There is no work around for my situation. I am using the latest driver from December 6, 2022. Are we missing something? My conclusion is that the HDMI OUT and SDI OUT ports are both asking for audio from avid because of HDMI. A digital setting to toggle this would be a great feature. Has anyone figured out a work around?

mpetech

Re: Ultrastudio Monitor 3g, no audio our via USB

PostFri Feb 03, 2023 9:03 pm

Avid will not let you split the audio out with the video out device (Ultrastudio).

Return to Post Production