Window Tracking Saves

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Chuck Brown

Window Tracking Saves

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 7:31 pm

I'm hoping to get ahead of some tracking while another is doing the colour. How do I save some window tracking for blurred content so I can amend it do the colour node tree when they are done?

Using v18 app store version. The gallery does not seem to save the tracking to be applied.

Thanks.

Marc Wielage

Re: Window Tracking Saves

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 3:04 am

Well, the Gallery Stills on the Color page "should" save windows and tracking provided you right-click in the gray part of the stills area and choose "Apply Grades Using Keyframes Aligning Source Timecode" (or "Keyframes Aligning Start Frames"). Ideally, you'd be in Color keyframe mode, with Mark -> Keyframe Timeline Mode -> Color selected on the Color page.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Chuck Brown

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 3:33 pm

Ah, there's that little bugger. Searching to find such tweaks to the default requires terminology I lack apparently. You've been a great help so thanks again. I was about to make a freaking Fusion clip to solve the need! :-)

Chuck Brown

PostWed Feb 08, 2023 3:48 pm

Shot in the dark here but do you know of a way to track multiple windows at the same time or is a one at a time kinda thing? Sometimes I'm tracking multiple faces so don't need the flexibility of interacting with the track like I would with something more complex.

Return to DaVinci Resolve