Is there a better/faster way to only apply the color only?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jjsereday

Is there a better/faster way to only apply the color only?

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 5:21 pm

Is there a better/faster way to only apply the color of a clip?

I have a bunch of clips in the timeline that have stabilization applied and whenever I either copy/paste or apply a saved still, it overwrites the stabilization.

This happens with both clips that have stabilization I want to keep and the clips that don't have stabilization that then have the stabilization from the copied clip applied.

Very very annoying and the only way I found to remedy is to either manually reset stabilization and re stabilize each clip, or to display node graph and choose to only apply color effects (not PZTR)

Thanks

jjsereday

Re: Is there a better/faster way to only apply the color onl

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 8:27 pm

Wanted to jump on here as I found an answer and for anyone else with the same problem...

"if you toggle the Keyframes panel mode (dropdown at its top) to Color rather than All, then every Apply operation (on all clips) will ignore tracking/stabilization data until you change it again - whether from Gallery or other means. So that's your master switch, and can be shortcutted via Mark > Keyframe Timeline Mode > Color, etc."

Return to DaVinci Resolve