Prores proxies back to original before render

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

RichardKasika

Prores proxies back to original before render

PostWed Nov 27, 2019 6:07 am

Hi, how would I (batch) replace all my prores proxy files which I've used for editing with my original XAVC files before I render my final? When trying the 'relink' feature I get: 104 files could not be found.. I believe this might be because prores wraps as a *mov, while my xavc's are in a *mp4 wrapper? If this has already been discussed, I'd be happy if you point me in the direction of that discussion. Thank you in advance.

Mac mini, Mac OS Mojave, Resolve 16.0
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-11-27 at 08.47.14.png
When trying the 'relink' feature I get this.
Screenshot 2019-11-27 at 08.47.14.png (9.16 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
Jingle producer, Voice over, Film maker
Mac mini, Mac OS Mojave, Resolve 16.0, Glyph Production Technologies black box pro, Presonus Studio One 4 Artist, Apogee Element 24, Equator Audio D5, Shure KSM 42, Yamaha Motif-Rack ES, Dbx 386, 166XL

carlomacchiavello

Re: Prores proxies back to original before render

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 1:01 am

You try relink, but relink is for missing path file, there is another tool like "change source folder" to do what you are going to do.

Inviato dal mio E6653 utilizzando Tapatalk

Peter Cave

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 6:50 am

Also look at "Reconform from bins" option in the user manual.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

RichardKasika

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 7:20 am

RichardKasika wrote:Hi, how would I (batch) replace all my prores proxy files which I've used for editing with my original XAVC files before I render my final? When trying the 'relink' feature I get: 104 files could not be found.. I believe this might be because prores wraps as a *mov, while my xavc's are in a *mp4 wrapper? If this has already been discussed, I'd be happy if you point me in the direction of that discussion. Thank you in advance.

Mac mini, Mac OS Mojave, Resolve 16.0

SOLVED. Thanks, i found the right way to do this is to conform the timeline (from drive location containing hi res original camera data, or imported into the pool in separate bin) as long as the folder hierarchy is the same this works flawlessly.
Mac mini, Mac OS Mojave, Resolve 16.0, Glyph Production Technologies black box pro, Presonus Studio One 4 Artist, Apogee Element 24, Equator Audio D5, Shure KSM 42, Yamaha Motif-Rack ES, Dbx 386, 166XL

RichardKasika

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 7:25 am

Thanks so much carlomacchiavello and Peter Cave for responding.

John Paines

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 1:58 am

Because you don't have an exact file name match (different extensions), you need to use either 'reconform from bins' or 'reconform from media storage' so that you can specify other matching criteria (time-code, duration, etc.) or a loose file name match (prefix only). The manual covers both options in detail.

There are other ways as well, but that should do for starters. These kinds of questions would go better in the Resolve forum.

RichardKasika

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 5:41 am

John Paines wrote:Because you don't have an exact file name match (different extensions), you need to use either 'reconform from bins' or 'reconform from media storage' so that you can specify other matching criteria (time-code, duration, etc.) or a loose file name match (prefix only). The manual covers both options in detail.

There are other ways as well, but that should do for starters. These kinds of questions would go better in the Resolve forum.

Thanks John Paines, I'll go directly to the resolve forums in future.

Return to Post Production