Decklink 8K Pro + Livestream Studio problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

David Oxe

Decklink 8K Pro + Livestream Studio problem

PostTue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with our Decklink 8K Pro card, mounted in a HP Z4 G4 with Xeon processor (latest model).
When running Desktop Video 11.5.0.0 I can use all 4 channels in Livestream Studio, but we experience intermittent crashes where video freezes. Only way to fix it is a reboot. Video input also freezes even if I just use Media Express.
If I upgrade to 11.5.1.0 it works flawless, except that I can only use 3 channels in Livestream Studio.

Got sent a new card from BM, but it behaves exactly the same, except for one strange difference. The first card required the 6-pin power to be connected, otherwise it wouldn't show up in the computer. The second card doesn't need the 6-pin power connected.
I also have another 8K Pro card mounted in a Dell Optiplex 7071 that doesn't even have that power connector, where it's running in a 4x slot. Everything is working perfect on that computer.

Do anyone have the same experience with 11.5.1.0 and Livestream Studio?

Best,
David

nothype

Re: Decklink 8K Pro + Livestream Studio problem

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 am

Hi David,

I'm also having the same issue, What is want to ask is if you are running in 1080p or 1080i?

The cameras we are using are the URSA pro-G2 4.6k, URSA Broadcast, Pocket 6k, and a Sony XD cam(soon to be replaced as well).

The only reason I changed the ATEM to be 1080p was because the BMPC 6k can't do 1080i natively. So my options were change the input spec on the ATEM or use a mini converter or decimator to change from 'p' to 'i'.

Still don't know how to fix input 1 on the decklink not showing up in live stream studio. But im wondering if changing it all back to 'i' will fix some issues. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Simeon

David Oxe wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with our Decklink 8K Pro card, mounted in a HP Z4 G4 with Xeon processor (latest model).
When running Desktop Video 11.5.0.0 I can use all 4 channels in Livestream Studio, but we experience intermittent crashes where video freezes. Only way to fix it is a reboot. Video input also freezes even if I just use Media Express.
If I upgrade to 11.5.1.0 it works flawless, except that I can only use 3 channels in Livestream Studio.

Got sent a new card from BM, but it behaves exactly the same, except for one strange difference. The first card required the 6-pin power to be connected, otherwise it wouldn't show up in the computer. The second card doesn't need the 6-pin power connected.
I also have another 8K Pro card mounted in a Dell Optiplex 7071 that doesn't even have that power connector, where it's running in a 4x slot. Everything is working perfect on that computer.

Do anyone have the same experience with 11.5.1.0 and Livestream Studio?

Best,
David

ChurchAV2020

Re: Decklink 8K Pro + Livestream Studio problem

PostFri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 pm

We have this same problem right now with the DeckLink 8K using vMix, and after working with vMix support realized it is a hardware issue, since the freeze/black input happens even with Media Express. I am troubleshooting this today with BMD instructions. Hopefully I can report back with a solution...

Return to Post Production