Premiere CS6 seems to change colors..

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

PierreEmmanuel

Premiere CS6 seems to change colors..

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 am

Hi,

So I grade my movies in Resolve, respecting the legal broadcast limits; export them and render in Premiere.. and Tada.. it is not legal anymore.

I supsected a codec issue, so I tried to make a mov in dnxhd, no compression : same exact result !! the image is dark and the black go below 16.. what the..

I opened vegas pro 12 .. rendered in the same format, same codec : no problem, my image is as it should.

Is premiere altering the color in a way ? Like having a different colorspace and affecting the colors when getting back to the target colorspace ?

Cheers

sean mclennan

Re: Premiere CS6 seems to change colors..

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Weird.

Have you posted this question in an Premiere forum?

Dmitry Kitsov

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm

I always had this problem with dnxhd. But, what are you rendering it out of premiere?
PierreEmmanuel wrote:Hi,

So I grade my movies in Resolve, respecting the legal broadcast limits; export them and render in Premiere.. and Tada.. it is not legal anymore.

I supsected a codec issue, so I tried to make a mov in dnxhd, no compression : same exact result !! the image is dark and the black go below 16.. what the..

I opened vegas pro 12 .. rendered in the same format, same codec : no problem, my image is as it should.

Is premiere altering the color in a way ? Like having a different colorspace and affecting the colors when getting back to the target colorspace ?

Cheers
Dmitry Kitsov

PierreEmmanuel

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Dmitry Kitsov wrote:I always had this problem with dnxhd. But, what are you rendering it out of premiere?

Well, I have some plugins that I bought for Premiere.. so.. a perfect denoize.r.

Dmitry Kitsov

PostFri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 pm

PierreEmmanuel wrote:
Dmitry Kitsov wrote:I always had this problem with dnxhd. But, what are you rendering it out of premiere?

Well, I have some plugins that I bought for Premiere.. so.. a perfect denoize.r.

Oh I see, so when you just rendering the timeline for a preview? What are the sequence settings? What is the preview codec in those settings? Does it look ok on the timeline unless you apply third party filters, ie those that were not shipped with premiere pro?
Dmitry Kitsov

Return to Post Production