Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR - No HMDI output

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Samski

Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR - No HMDI output

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am

We currently have a Pocket Cinema Camera 6K and use a Video Assist 12G HDR.

The Video Assist is mostly only used as a monitor for the camera, because we have constant problems with it. Before we didn't install the firmware update, the screen was malfunctioning all the time and we were having problems (no matter if the screen was powered from the mains or from the battery).

After the update it got better, but as soon as we change the codec for recording, it flickers again (and in the same places).

(used 3 different HDM cables, tried everything - but the problem remains, the monitor doesn't flicker when you connect it directly to the PC).

After the update I wanted to do a webinar and connected the monitor and the camera to the net to use it as a small monitor preview. I have the Instensity pro 4k card which I use to process the signal. If I leave the camera and the screen running a little bit longer, the HDMI signal is lost, which goes through the monitor.

The monitor doesn't get too warm and the room is air-conditioned, does anyone know why?

Samski

Re: Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR - No HMDI output

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 am

No one using the 12HDR or it´s just me with the problem? Still dont understand why the flickering is alsmost gone after update.

Samski

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 8:55 am

The last two days the flickering was vanished, today I swithed the monitor and and it stated like crazy, also loosing signal and noises on audio channel.

What that can be? Or should I send it back?

rick.lang

PostMon Jul 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Certainly get in touch with your retailer or BMD Support.
Rick Lang

Samski

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 9:13 am

I´ve asked the retailer and they told me, that I have to wait like 2 month for repair/replacement. Thats actually not ok.
Now I´m just using it really, because it overheats and still flickering after latest update.
The quality overall is not as good as the cams and the rest.

jallen0

PostThu Aug 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Samski wrote:I´ve asked the retailer and they told me, that I have to wait like 2 month for repair/replacement. Thats actually not ok.
Now I´m just using it really, because it overheats and still flickering after latest update.
The quality overall is not as good as the cams and the rest.

That has to 100% BS. Who is this retailer that wants you have to wait for two months? How long have you had this monitor? Maybe they are trying to run out the return policy you have.

I am positive that Blackmagic would not approve of a retailer telling a customer that they have to wait ANY amount of time before dealing with a problem. Contact BMD support today.
2019 MacPro OS 12.1, 3.2GHz 16 Core, 160GB Mem, 4TB Drive, 8TB Internal Sonnet Raid, Dual Radeon Pro W5700X 16GB
LG UF 5k, 27" Tbolt Display, 55" LG C8
Resolve Edit Keyboard, Mini Panel, US 4K Mini
Resolve Studio Ver. 17.4.3
Desktop Video 12.1

Return to Post Production